14 – 23 November 2008, Amsterdam
“India Express: Voices From the Fringe” was presented by De Balie as part of the Amsterdam India Festival (AIF).
The theme of the festival was ‘Blended Cultures’, designed to bring awareness to the Dutch public to a variety of different cultures in India. The festival hosted many unique concerts, exhibitions, films, debates and lectures. The festival was supported by Vikalp, Netherlands-India Association and The Netherlands-India Chamber of Commerce & Trade.
The following films were screened:
- 7 Islands and a Metro by Madhusree Dutta
- Shit by Amudhan R P
- Hope dies last in war by Supriyo Sen
- Waiting… by Atul Gupta and Shabnan Ara
- Passengers by Nooh Nizami and Akansha Joshi
- Word Within the Word by Rajula Shah
- Tales rom the Margin by Kavita Joshi
- Taza Khabar by Bishaka Dutta
- Many People, Many Desires by T. Jayshree
A display of Under Construction Films at the venue resulted in a number of sales and provided a substatial visibility to all Under Construction films amongst an entirely new audience from Amterdam.